Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Dorr Family campout was a great success:
200808_DorrCampout
Last weekend my parents with San Francisco brother (Allan) and Hamburg, Germany nephew (Jacob) met up with my Atlanta brother and family (Dave, Crystal, Catherine, and Sarah) at a beautiful campsite on Claytor Lake. Brian and I provided some camping gear and we all had a great time.
We spent a little time in Blacksburg on Saturday when some rain wouldn't let up. A 5 minute tour of my condo, lunch at Backstreets, and a quick walk around Steppin' Out.
Highlights at the lake were the nice diving platform at the swimming area, a try at fishing for the kids with Brian, and some silly group stories. Mom, Dad, and I had a nice loop hike into the woods and down to the water while the kids went out in Brian's canoe.
Thanks for coming out. I had a wonderful time!

No comments: