Saturday, January 12, 2008

niddy noddy


My friends, Penelope and Mark, stayed with me for their first trip back to Blacksburg for New Years. They just moved to Mississippi and I miss them a bunch. They used to live across the parking-lot from me. I met Mark in 1996 at my first VPI Cave-Club Picnic. Penelope and I became good friends over the years she lived in Blacksburg. She first showed up to work on her PhD at Virginia Tech when I returned to Blacksburg from Georgia in 2001.
Penelope has encouraged my knew craft and has been a tremendous help with knitting projects. Here she uses a niddy noddy to measure out enough yarn to make gloves. Check out her blog. If you scroll down on her blog, there is a great picture of the niddy noddy up-close. I'm sure when we get together at various caver events knitting will be the real subject of interest.

No comments: